Saturday, August 27, 2005

Settling In (8/27/05)

Ahhhh, what a difference a week makes... I'm finally feeling settled in my new digs (see picture). This week's "excitement" included a pilgrimage to IKEA, the arrival of the movers, two keg parties, some beach time, my first run in five months and a few trips to downtown Chicago. One of the trips was to meet-up with one of my old college buddies, Ernie, who was in town for business. I couldn't have caught him at a better time as he was still glowing from the birth of his twin boys, Ernie and Cole, on August 8th - they were both over 7 lbs! God bless Kathleen for birthin those babies (and putting up with big Ernie)!!!

My second trip downtown was last Wednesday night to catch the final SummerDance party in Grant Park featuring DJs Terry Hunter and Farley "Jack Master" Funk, two Chicago deep house legends. It was a PS1-type setting with a Body&Soul crowd and let me tell you, the place was a-rockin! A few thousand people were jammed in there, hootin and hollerin with their hands in the air. I even had a few b-school friends with me willing to brave the dancefloor - what a great introduction to Chicago house! After Grant Park we headed to the Mamby party @ Moonshine to catch DJs Diz, Justin Long and Mazi and to meet up with NYC party people Steve (aka nyc420) and Eric (aka bassboy). Moonshine is a cool little spot (with GOOD pizza!) that, within in a matter of minutes, turns from restaurant to bumpin lounge. We sat down to eat around 9:30pm and by the time we had finished our meal the place was packed with a line around the corner and people dancing between the tables. I got my groove on for a few hours and then decided to call it quits when my ride was leaving around 12:30am. Listen kids, before I get any comments, this ain't NYC and I'm still trying to keep it under control (-:

That's all for now... I gotta pack for Peru (I leave tomorrow)! Lata!

No comments: