Sunday, December 10, 2006

M.A.N.D.Y. @ The Loft and Becka/Agent Orange @ La Cova (12/8 -12/9/06)

An amazing four months in Barcelona is finally coming to an end. KJ and I are headed to London next weekend for her birthday, so this was our final weekend to make party in Barcelona. Friday night, KJ was still in Paris so I rounded up a crew to check out the crazy party boys of M.A.N.D.Y. at The Loft. And they definitely didn't disappoint! The music was super funky and fun and their antics equally as good. They were speaker humping and pouring vodka into the mouths of the crowd... good times! I never know which is Philipp and which is Patrick... but I do know the blond one kicked things off and played one of my favorite Ricardo Villalobos tracks (affectionately known as "The Horns"). We rocked out till the bitter end and then cruised home for a short-lived afties session. I think I'm finally running out of steam! Well, almost...

KJ rolled back into town on Saturday for a final night out on the town and it took a major rally on my part to get back on my feet. But, being the consummate professional, I got it together, invited some people over for a pre-party and then set off for a new destination, La Cova. The venue (a cave!!!) is outside the city and requires a metro and bus trip, which turned out to be quite eventful. The bus came late and then we got stuck in traffic on the way there (2am!) due to a tractor trailer that had overturned on the highway overpass. Anyway... we finally arrived at 3am, just in time to hear the remix of The Doors' "The End" and the beginning of Becka's set. I'm not usually a fan of the harder side of techno, but both Becka and Ara played some great music that kept us stomping around the dance floor until the club closed. A highlight during Agent Orange's set was his remix of "Set It Off." After closing down the cave, we took the bus back to Barca and called it a night early (for once!)





No comments: