Sunday, April 29, 2007

Paolo Mojo & Dubfire @ Crobar (4/28/07)

I spent the first part of my Saturday night in the South Loop, feasting on yummy green curry at a Thai restaurant called MA&I and then at a friend's apartment for a GLMA alumni event. Once I was sufficiently stuffed with food and drink, I made my way out to... *gasp* Crobar Chicago to catch sets by Paolo Mojo and Dubfire (touring in support of his latest GU compilation) and meet up with the world-infamous Noiseboy, who I hadn't seen since the We Love Space closing party in Ibiza last September. I have only been to Crobar three times since I've been in Chicago. The first time was an after party for a Kellogg formal and my transportation to the club was a big yellow school bus. Nothing says cool quite like that! The other two times were with the boys on Sunday nights for Victor Calderone and Junior Vasquez. This would be my first foray into a normal Crobar club night and I was a bit scared. Although the crowd wasn't *that* bad, it wasn't that good either. The better news is that Dubfire didn't disappoint, playing some dirty techno that the crowd seemed to like. I took off sometime around 4am, shortly after I ran into one of my business school professors in the middle of the dance floor...ha! Now that's a clubbing first! While he's young, cool and quite attractive, I'm not quite sure that's a good situation for anyone! Thanks to Mike for the love, the good company and the introduction to a bunch of his fun mates! Until next time!

No comments: