Saturday, March 29, 2008

Si*Se @ Highline Ballroom (3/29/08)


It's not often I actually hit up live (non-DJ) music events...shame on me! Luckily my peeps are always on the move and this time it was Saisha that provided the good word that NYC-based latin-soul-electronica group, Si*Se, was playing at Highline Ballroom - right in my neighborhood! Me and a few of the girls ventured over for the show and were blown away. Not only is lead singer Carol C's voice just as good in person as it is on Si*Se albums but she also happens to be gorgeous! Whoa! We took bets about her family's nationality and all guessed South America. However, after some quick research I found out that she's a Brooklyn-born, Dominican-American. Oh and apparently she's a house music DJ. Does it get any better? Check out the band online @ SiSeNYC.com . And if you're interested in buying some of their music, I would suggest "More Shine". One final tidbit about the night... we ran into Spike Lee @ Hiro after the show (-:

No comments: