Monday, September 03, 2007

Blk Market Membership Boat Party --- Three vs. Terry Francis (9/1/07)


The Blk Market Membership boys, Taimur + Fahad, were at it again this weekend with a summer-ending boat party and afterhours featuring Terry Francis [Fabric, London] and Three. A couple hundred black market members gathered on the Star of Palm Beach boat on Pier 40 and set-off for a short strange trip around Manhattan. I spent the entire time on the upper deck where all four DJs played extremely well. Right after it got dark, Three dropped "Who's Afraid of Detroit?" and everyone went nuts - I waved my light saber, Eileen dropped it like it was hot and everyone else was jumping around. That track never gets old!

After four hours on the boat I went over to Le Souk to join the Sunday Session dedicated to welcoming Lydia to NYC and wishing Dale a Happy 3*th Birthday. We weren't really feeling the vibe so after a short time we decided to venture to Crime Scene for the official Blk Market afterparty. It was a DARK & DIRTY afterhours session jammed into a normal human being timeslot (10pm-4am). The usual suspects (see police lineup photo) were up to the usual no good. Dale, Betty and I were the last suspects standing and even we made it home before sunrise (for once!). Highlights: the dobbleKANGer spotted lurking in the shadows, the model I met on the sidewalk (whose kebab I tried to steal in the name of Fashion Week), The Tranquil Kaptain, a visit from my friend Melissa and the bar tab that never got any bigger. Lowlights: the 1hr+ wait for the boat to start boarding, the music cutting out 4x at the afterparty, my light saber getting broken at Le Souk.

One last Happy Birthday to Dale and Welcome "Home" to Lydia!












No comments: