Monday, October 01, 2007

The Trifecta ::: Music! Sports! The Arts! (9/28/07)

Let's just say this weekend had it all. Friday night I hit a pre-party at sweet duplex loft in Soho with some Chicago homies before heading over to Shelter for Kaskade. Ryan is one DJ who always puts a smile on my face and a hop in my step and Friday night was no exception. In fact, the beats and the crowd had a little extra bounce especially when he dropped Love Mysterious, Sorry, Everything and a great remix of Justin Timberlake's Love Stoned. It was also Begona's birthday so I put a little bounce in her a$$ (at Mike's request!). Pictures by Begona.


Saturday afternoon was spent playing in the 3rd Annual Kickball Classic in honor of the lovely Saisha's birthday. It was 75 degrees in Central Park all afternoon...absolutely perfect for some friendly, but fierce competition. I won one and lost one, but had fun celebrating with Sai and tossing around some random kids who wandered into our game. The night was spent at a work friend's uptown apartment... where I met a fabulous couple, one of which is a Broadway actor (The Producers). After the jaunt on the UWS, I made my way to Sullivan Room for DJs Eric Andrew and Heather who were both droppin the funk. The Bad Idea Bears were up to no good and even had a chance encounter with a special friend after making a trip across the street to use the bathroom. More pictures by Begona. Happy Birthday, Eric!







Sunday I went to the French Institute for the NY premiere of Compagnie Käfig presents Wasteland. "Hip-hop, pop ‘n’ lock, mime, and acrobatics mingle with French, North African, and Andalusian influences in this tribute to the creative possibilities of society’s abandoned spaces." That was definitely a mouth full, I know... but the show was very cool even though it got the shaft in the Monday NY Times. The music was great as were the acrobatics and break dancing. It's too bad it was only a two show engagement, I would have loved to pass along the good word in time for others to see it.

No comments: