Thursday, December 13, 2007

Burial, Imogen Heap & Richard Dawkins (12/13/07)

I caught on to this album a bit late in the year but that's not going to stop me from telling everyone I know to buy it. It's a really rare combination of smooth- sexy-dubby electronic sounds that are great for chillin, jammin or sexy time. Seriously, it's the most LUSH audio I've heard in a damn long time. Enjoy!

--Read reviews HERE
--Listen below (YouTube video)
--Buy at Amazon.com or on iTunes.




While we're on the topic if music, I might as well give you the scoop on my favorite female artist discovery of 2007, Imogen Heap (thanks Nora!). Imogen has actually been around (the UK) for a longtime - her first album (I Megaphone) came out 1998 and the follow-up (Speak for Yourself) in 2005. Once again, I'm slow! And once again, I'm sharing.

--Learn more on her website
--Listen below (YouTube videos)
--Buy Speak For Yourself and I Megaphone at Amazon.com or on iTunes





And finally, the best and most important read of the year for me... "The God Delusion" by British biologist, Richard Dawkins. As one Amazon.com reviewer wrote: "'As a scientist,' Richard Dawkins writes, 'I am hostile to fundamentalist religion because it actively debauches the scientific enterprise. It teaches us not to change our minds, and not to want to know exciting things that are available to be known. It subverts science and saps the intellect' (p. 284). In other words, the greatest crime of fundamental Christianity is to think without asking scientific questions. For those readers already familiar with Dawkins' work, it will come as no surprise that this book is nothing less than brilliant. Pity those readers, however, who either won't read this book (they should) or who will find nothing positive to say about it, because this is the work of one the greatest thinkers of our time."

Buy it on Amazon.com

No comments: