Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Friends Rock! Vol. 4 - ASKIN MERIC (1/1/08)

On Valentine's Day 2002, I ventured out alone to a NYC night club in search of some dance floor therapy. Shortly after I arrived, I met a nice, young Turkish guy named Askin. 5 hours later we had talked, danced and bonded for life. Ahh, the power of music! In this edition of My Friends Rock! I'd like to pay homage to two things that have grown tremendously over the past four years - my friendship with Askin and his line of women's clothing, Mezza New York. His clothes are beautiful and continue to garner the attention of buyers throughout the U.S. He even outfitted me for the New Year's Eve soirée mentioned in the previous entry!

Lifted from an online retailer website: "Born in Turkey, Mezza New York designer Askin Meric grew up around the fashion industry, learning the ins and outs of fabric and design from an early age. Looking at his fabulous creations, you might say fashion’s in his blood. Meric designs his sophisticated clothes, known for modern silhouettes and natural fabrics, with an eye toward bringing out the beauty in every woman. If you have an appreciation for clean lines, elegant simplicity and high-end fabrics, look no further than Mezza New York."

Website: http://www.mezzanewyork.com/

No comments: