Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sven Vath (and Sami) Invade Chicago! Plus David Duriez & Mazi @ Ohm (5/4/07)

Wow Wow Wee Waa!
What a weekend!

My good friend from Paris, Sami, recently moved back to New York City for another internship and since he had never been to Chicago, he decided to come out for a visit. Lucky for him, he timed his trip perfectly, catching both of Sven's Vath's US tour dates! First at the Robots party at Cielo on Thursday and second at Sound Bar with me and the Chitown crew on Friday. Apparently Sven set the bar very high with his first gig in New York and definitely did not disappoint with round two. Honestly, I'd venture it say it was the best party I have been to in my (almost) two years in the Windy City. It had everything - ridiculous music, great vibe and one of the greatest prop performances of all-time (the pictures are worth much more than 10,000 words)! Let's just say that besides dancing around the booth and the dance floor with a rabbit head, a sword and various other stuff, we also had a dumpster photo shoot as well as a late night run-in with the staff at Burger King. Apparently they were very serious when they said WE WILL NOT SERVE YOU if you don't take off the rabbit costume! HaHa! Oh and believe it or not, I ran into my professor yet again! Two weeks in a row - I'm starting to wonder!

Sami and I spent Saturday afternoon running around downtown Chicago and playing in Millennium Park. That night we cruised to Ohm in Wicker Park for David Duriez and Mazi. The music was seriously awesome, but unfortunately the vibe at the club never really picked up. I felt bad for DJs, but all turned out OK because Sami and had a blast and I wound up meeting a few new Chicago party people. We got up on Sunday... walked along the lake and then ate a feast of Chicago-style pizza at Giordano's before Sami took off for the airport. So now that Sami and I have destroyed New York, Ghent (Belgium), Paris, London and Chicago together... we're plotting our next stop on the world domination tour! Until next time!

More pictures from the wild weekend below!








Downtown Chicago & Millennium Park:




No comments: